Handicap accessible seats are available at the Waldron Arts Center, Ted Jones Playhouse, and the Buskirk-Chumley Theater for all public performances. Handicap accessible seating is available for purchase online or over the phone (812.336.7110, M – F 12 – 5pm)
For performances at the Waldron Arts Center and Ted Jones Playhouse:
Accessible seating is available in the first row of seating on the ground level, including adequate space for wheelchairs. Friends and family of patrons requiring accessible seating will generally be seated next to, or directly behind, the accessible seating area.
For performances at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater:
Accessible seating is available on the theater’s orchestra level (main level), including an area for four wheelchairs. Friends and family of patrons using wheelchairs will generally be seated directly in front of, or behind, the wheelchair seating area. Four additional aisle seats with flip-up arms are available for patrons who prefer to move from a wheelchair to a stationary seat or for others who might find seating easier with a flip-up arm. Wheelchair seating should be discussed during your ticket purchase.
SENSORY FRIENDLY PERFORMANCES:
Constellation offers select sensory-friendly performances for our Constellation for Kids series. These special performances are designed to create a theater experience that is welcoming to all families with children with autism or other sensory sensitivities.
Accommodations for these performances include:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
- Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during the performance
- Elimination of any strobe or flashing light sequences
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- More space in theater seating area for standing and movement
- Fidgets and noise canceling headphones welcome
- Resource materials available online and at performances, so families know what to expect at the theater and during the show
2022-2023 Sensory Friendly Performances:
Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! the Musical!
Sunday, May 14 at 4:00pm
At the Waldron Auditorium
Constellation’s Sensory Friendly Performances are sponsored by Unlocking the Spectrum.