Open call information
The John Waldron Arts Center will host an open call for local and regional artists and art groups to exhibit work in 2024-2025 in the Rosemary P. Miller, Spotlight, Educational, and Ted Jones Playhouse Lobby Galleries in spring 2024.
- Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
- Regional and local artists and arts groups are eligible to apply, but preference will be given to artists based in Bloomington, Indiana.
- All mediums of work are welcome, but please note the Spotlight and Ted Jones Playhouse Galleries are limited to 2D work.
- Exhibition Proposal (maximum of 250 words)
- Artist Statement (group statement if group artists) (maximum of 250 words)
- CV or resume (maximum of 3 pages)
- 10 images of artwork, for videos and multimedia works provide a link URL.
- Image list of artworks including title, medium, year, and dimensions.
- Preferred exhibition dates
A link to the application will be available here during the open call.
Expectations of artists and exhibition staff
In the proposal, include a list of any desired events or programs (First Fridays, artist talks, etc.) to accompany the proposed exhibition, as well as what support is available (or not) to help hang the show.
Artists will be responsible for the transportation/shipping of artwork to/from the Waldron Arts Center or Ted Jones Playhouse.
Constellation Stage & Screen is a nonprofit organization and does not take a commission from art sales.
Constellation will provide supervision and support to hang all shows selected for exhibition, in collaboration with featured artists.
Constellation will provide marketing in the form of a press release, website inclusion and social media promotion for every exhibition. Artists must deliver all requested assets in a timely manner on a schedule set by Constellation.
Constellation reserves the right to hold events in the gallery spaces during exhibitions. These events may include food and drinks.
Constellation holds general liability insurance for all venues. Artists are strongly encouraged to insure their work independently.